Visit this historical building by means of an audio guide. Don’t miss the wonderful reading room. If you're lucky, there’s a temporary exhibition you can enjoy as well.
If you want to learn more about the university library’s turbulent history and its impact on the city, you have to climb the five floors of the library tower. A photo exhibition takes you to five significant periods in the library’s history. After the fifth floor, you reach the balcony where you can enjoy a unique panoramic view of the city.
The carillon is played twice a week, on Tuesday evening and Wednesday noon, during the academic year. You can climb the tower with the carillon player and view the concert live in the carillon room.
Enjoy an amazing view on top of the library tower during Winter Season Leuven.
- Mondays to Fridays: 10:00-19:00
Saturdays & Sundays: 10:00-17:00
Tijdens de eindejaarsperiode
Closed; 25.12 & 01.01
- 7 euro
- Reduced rate: 5 euro
- Children under 12: free of charge
- More information: KU Leuven
Accessibility of the tower:
- A maximum of 45 people may climb the tower at the same time
- Wheelchair users can consult the texts and images of the exhibition at the reception
- There is no lift