Visit the university library & climb the library tower
Visit this historical building by means of an audio guide. Don’t miss the wonderful reading room. If you're lucky, there’s a temporary exhibition you can enjoy as well.
If you want to learn more about the university library’s turbulent history and its impact on the city, you have to climb the five floors of the library tower. A photo exhibition takes you to five significant periods in the library’s history.
- Floor 1 – The fire of Leuven
- Floor 2 – International solidarity
- Floor 3 – A gift from America
- Floor 4 – Another war and reconstruction
- Floor 5 – Land of carillons
After the fifth floor, you reach the balcony where you can enjoy a unique panoramic view of the city.
Enjoy an amazing view on top of the library tower during Winter Season Leuven.
- Mondays to Fridays: 10:00-19:00
Saturdays & Sundays: 10:00-17:00
- 7 euro
- Reduced rate: 5 euro
- Children under 12: free of charge
- More information: KU Leuven
Accessibility of the tower:
- A maximum of 45 people may climb the tower at the same time
- Wheelchair users can consult the texts and images of the exhibition at the reception
- There is no lift