Arenberg Castle & Park
Arenberg Castle earlier
The lords of Heverlee built a first castle here in the 14th century. From the beginning of the 16th century the current castle was built in renaissance-style. It was extensively renovated in neo-gothic style in the 19th century. In 1916 the duke of Arenberg donated the domain to the university.
Arenberg Castle today
This green domain on the outskirts of Leuven is owned by KU Leuven. It is the University’s Science and Technology Campus.
- The park is permanently accessible