Visit Park Abbey
Now at the museum
Expo 'Born in images'
This exhibition takes us through the history of the image: from the first Christian images – abstract symbols – to the hundreds of portraits of Christ from the 16th century and later, and all of this in dialogue with the image – or rather lack of it – in Judaism and Islam.
Discover the heart of Park Abbey
Walk through Park Abbey’s historic rooms and spaces: admire the refectory and imposing library with their stucco ceilings, the cloister with its 17th-century stained glass windows, and the abbot's residence.
Beyond belief, you might say. Discover the origins of ‘hocus-pocus’, Saint-John’s wort, the unicorn, the Christmas tree, hearts on Saint-Valentine’s Day and pumpkins on Halloween. Be amazed by the myriad of present-day examples.
- Tuesday - Sunday: 10am - 5pm
- Monday: Closed
- Late evening openings: 2/2, 11/5, 1/6, 6/7, 1/8 en 19/10 open until 10 pm.
- 12 euro | standard fee
- 10 euro | concessions
- Residents of Leuven (registered in postal codes 3000, 3001, 3010, 3012 en 3018)
- Age + 65 with ID card
- Students (- 26 years) with their valid student card
- Visitors with disabilities and their caretaker
- Members of Davidsfonds, Open Monumenten, VTB Kultuur: with their affiliate ID
- Members of Gezinsbond receive a 20% discount on the standard fee that will be collected on their saving card
- 7 euro |12- 18 years old
- 2 euro |with UiTPAS card
- Free |Age 12 and under, ICOM-kaart, KU Leuven culture card, museumPASSmusées, press (on request)
You can either take a tour of the abbey buildings, with information about the rich history, or take a trip of the abbey and the surrounding abbey site...