Leuven scores well in sustainability and quality of life. You can experience this as a visitor too, e.g. at the following places:
- The city centre is a low-traffic area and completely car-free in some places. There is a lot of focus on bicycle mobility, for both citizens and merchants.
- There is a lot of focus on green in the city.
- New parks, like the Sluispark, are being built and more and more trees are being planted.
- Water is becoming increasingly more visible in the city centre.
- Discover the green spots in the city with a nature guide.
Leuven won this prestigious prize on 2 June 2017 in Essen, Germany.