Discover 12 ground-breaking Leuven inventions on 12 panels throughout the city.
Every panel interactively explains the story behind a Leuven invention. Part of the text only appears when the user looks through a red looking glass on the panel.
The twelve panels have been installed all around Leuven and can be found in the following locations:
- Town hall: Leuven creativity makes the Red Devils red-hot again
- University library: Extremely durable and light travel cases
- M-Museum Leuven: Leuven shoes that don’t need polishing
- Aula Pieter De Somer: The most frequently used antiretroviral drug in the world
- Great Beguinage: Rice with a shorter cooking time and higher nutritional value
- Martelarenplein: Leuven teevee
- OPEK: A new apple variety
- International House: A prosthetic eye that is tailored to the patient
- Vismarkt: A Cochlear implant lets the deaf hear again
- Botanical Garden: High-tech that helps the blind
- Park Abbey: The world’s largest banana collection
- Location to be determined: Leuven chips that make playing cards hip
In co-operation with Leuven Mindgate.